Tales from the Travel Fairy

Stories & observations from an Aussie living in the US.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Slow News Day

The Sydney Morning Herald has been having a slow news week. Today they ran a story about a youth leader who broke his leg in 2 places after trying to kick “one of the largest huntsman spiders he had ever seen”

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/teen-breaks-leg-killing-spider/2006/01/12/1136956281336.html

Thank goodness he wasn’t trying to kick a poodle. It might have killed him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was even worse, they ran a job profile on an “Animal Communicator” who hires herself out to pet owners so she can speak to their animals telepathically. She calls herself “an interpreter for the animal kingdom”.

http://radar.smh.com.au/archives/2006/01/animal_telepath_1.html

An excerpt from the interview is below:

When did you realise you could communicate with animals?
The neighbour's cats began to draw me in. I started hearing words, getting pictures and feeling their emotions. I was speaking to them. I thought I must be crazy. But when I was at a beach, some dolphins started talking to me. They were very advanced. They talked about the future and the environment and how to be aware of nature.

Which species have you conversed with?

Dogs, cats, horses, dolphins, flying foxes in a rescue shelter, crocodiles, yaks, giraffes - you name it. Mosquitoes don't listen to me ... but bees are really interesting to speak to.

This was the most amusing thing I read all day. Always nice to know that there are people who make my family look normal.

I have just one question – it’s all fine & dandy that the animals can talk to her, but can she please ask my dog to leave the room when she wants to fart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Build free web site